cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN - 2 clouds on Single Router (Single ISP uplink) - Hub for cloud#1, Spoke for Cloud#2

shamax_1983
Level 3
Level 3

To all DMVPN experts,

Note : here my main focus is on Site B configs..

I've been trying to configure this for last 2 months but never got it to work. So please read through and point me to the right direction. Really appreciate your support on this.

I have a specific situation. 3 sites to be connected.

( Site A : HUB )

|   |

( INTERNET)

/        \

/          \

( Site B)     ( Site C)

We have the main HUB ( site A ) with single router with 2 ISP links. ISP1 with static ip, ISP2 with dynamic ip.

Site B has only 1 ISP ( static )

Site C has only 1 ISP ( Dynamic )

I want site A to be the hub on the ISP1 ( static ip as the source) and other two to be spokes on one DMVPN cloud ( say CLOUD1)

And AT THE SAME TIME,  Site B to be a HUB on the secondary cloud ( Say CLOUD2) and make the Site A and Site B be spokes on ( here on Site A, dynamic IP will be used as the sourcefor CLOUD2 )

Both clouds should run side by side so at any given time, each site will see two routes to remote networks one via CLOUD1 and other via CLOUD2. EIGRP will do the routing and the metric will be change so the CLOUD1 is the preferred.

Have some question on this.

Let's look at Site B,

It will have two tunnels ( from the same source interface/ip). tunnel1 & tunnel2. one of them will have spoke configs and other will have Hub configs on them.

1 ) Can/Should I use the same ipsec profile with the shared key word on both tunnels ? or should I use two different ipsec profiles

2 ) As for the NHRP, should I have the same NHRP id ? authentication ?

3 ) what about the tunnel keys ?

** OR  am I thinking this all wrong.. is there a better and easier way to do this ?

I am happy to post my current tunnel configs for further inspection if anyone's interested..

Really appreciate your support on this.

Shamal

1 Reply 1

shamax_1983
Level 3
Level 3