Views
Helpful
Replies

Do Firepower have DMVPN Functionality?

nwekechampion
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

Just looking to see if anyone has done DMVPN with Firepowers.

As I can remember we could not do them with the ASAs.

Please help!!

I am looking to bid on a project very soon.

Regards

Champ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@nwekechampion 

FTD supports dynamic crypto maps:-

Dynamic crypto map policies are applicable to both hub-and-spoke and point-to-point VPN topologies. To apply dynamic crypto map policies, specify a dynamic IP address for one of the peers in the topology and ensure that the dynamic crypto-map is enabled on this topology. Note that in a full mesh VPN topology, you can apply only static crypto map policies.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/670/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v67/firepower_threat_defense_site_to_site_vpns.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@nwekechampion 

No FTD does not support DMVPN functionality.

The best you can do is Policy Based VPN (crypto map) - Hub and Spoke. As of 6.7 you can do Static VTI between 2 devices. There is unlikely to ever be Dynamic VTI (which is similar to DMVPN).

Thanks heaps Rob.

Any ideas on how I can make the VPN setup Dynamic (to simulate a dmvpn or something close) with FTD?

Regards

@nwekechampion 

FTD supports dynamic crypto maps:-

Dynamic crypto map policies are applicable to both hub-and-spoke and point-to-point VPN topologies. To apply dynamic crypto map policies, specify a dynamic IP address for one of the peers in the topology and ensure that the dynamic crypto-map is enabled on this topology. Note that in a full mesh VPN topology, you can apply only static crypto map policies.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/670/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v67/firepower_threat_defense_site_to_site_vpns.html

nwekechampion
Level 3
Level 3

Many Thanks!!

Much appreciated