cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do you think isdn and frame-relay expire?

reza.behroozi
Level 1
Level 1

in new ccnp book i didnt see any thing about isdn and some object

even in ccna exam i didnt see any question about isdn and if i remember about frame-relay

what's your opinion?do you think isdn and frame-relay expire?is there any place for this technology on it nowadays?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reza

I am not clear whether your question is about content of Cisco cirtification books and tests or is about current networking practices. If it is about Cisco certification books and tests then I am not in position to be able to address that. If it is about current networking practice then I find that ISDN and Frame Relay are still very much present and active in the production networks that I deal with at customer sites.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Reza,

if you are talking about new CCNP curriculum, then ISDN and Frame relay technologies are no longer included there. ISDN and Frame relay were included in the Remote access paper of CCNP old curriculum but now that paper is replaced by Secure Converged Wide Area Networks paper which includes MPLS, IPSec VPNs and other technologies.

But as Rick said in earlier post that ISDN and frame relay are still very much in use.

hope it helps ... rate if it does ....