Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Balancing Router

Richwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using a HP Server.  We travel throughout the world  so access the server remotely.  We use a static ip to access the server when outside office. In office we work through a LAN.  At present we are using a service provider whose internet speed fluctuates very much.  We want to take one more internet connection and want speed of both connection get combined when both are working and if one is down then other work. 

We had tried TP Link dual balancing router.  It combined the speed for browsing but we could not work in outlook.

Please advise if there is any router/device/configuration which can solve our problem. 

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

3 Replies 3

Hello Rakesh,

basically, with all Cisco routers, you can achieve load balancing/load sharing when connected to multiple ISPs.

I am wondering why there were problems with Outlook and TP Link. Can you eleborate on that ?

Sir,

You mean it is possibel to  combine the speed of two ISP's.

Can you suggest me model number of Cisco router which can solve this issue.  Actually I had written Cisco's sales engineer on this matter but he can't advise anything.  So that I can tell him about the router.

Thanks

Rakesh Bhushan

Rakesh,

you cannot 'combine' the speeds, that is, you cannot take two links with let's say 50MB each and make it a 100MB link. You can achieve equal cost load balancing/load sharing, which means traffic will be equally distributed across both links.

The 4000 ISR Series would be a good choice; obviously it depends on your budget...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html