cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
JimBob03268
Beginner

Emergency COVID-19 AnyConnect Entitlement

It's February 2021, and I'm wondering if Cisco still provides emergency entitlements for COVID-19 AnyConnect licensing? If so, is this available for Firepower Threat Defense, and where do I find information?

I've reviewed the following document, but I'm unsure if this still an option.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/215330-obtaining-an-emergency-covid-19-anyconne.html

Otherwise, do you know of any other mechanism to aid a migration of AnyConnect licensing from ASA to FTD that would reduce end-user downtime? I want to move from a legacy ASA5515-X to an FPR-2110, and I know the legacy PAKs can be re-appropriated and converted to Smart Licensing to port over, but I need to make it seamless. I figured using the COVID-19 entitlement would buy me a little time to do the conversion post-deployment.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sheraz.Salim
VIP Advocate

Jim we had a issue few months (Nov-Dec) back where our ASA had a hardware failure we did RMA and the next morning it was a chaos as our whole company working from home could not connet to ASA headend later we find out our licences which were binded to out unit.  we open a P1 TAC case and the smart TAC engineer give us a COVID anyconnect liciences until we get our liciences re-host on the new unit.

Reach out your local cisco representative or cisco partner they will help you.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sheraz.Salim
VIP Advocate

Jim we had a issue few months (Nov-Dec) back where our ASA had a hardware failure we did RMA and the next morning it was a chaos as our whole company working from home could not connet to ASA headend later we find out our licences which were binded to out unit.  we open a P1 TAC case and the smart TAC engineer give us a COVID anyconnect liciences until we get our liciences re-host on the new unit.

Reach out your local cisco representative or cisco partner they will help you.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad