Views
Helpful
Replies

Emulate Internet with PT-Cloud in Packet Tracer

ioanniatr
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I want to emulate internet with PT-Cloud in Packet Tracer. After this i will try to config IPSec VPN. I have config IPs but i don't have connectivity between 2 routers.

what should i do ?

Thanks,

John

8 Replies 8

Hi,

If you want to emulate the Internet and since you're using a DSL modem, you need to configure the DSL settings to properly communicate with the cloud.

If you're good with that go ahead... otherwise you can just do the following:

Router 1 ----- Router 2 ---- Router 3 ---- Router 4

Now, you can have an IPsec tunnel between Router 1 and Router 4 exactly with the same configuration as if it was going over the Internet.

Hope it helps.

Federico.

Thanks, i have found the way with PT-Cloud finaly.

john,

Could you post your router configuration please?

I'm trying to do similar setup using wireless router using PPPoE

WirelessRouter -- DSLModem -- Cloud -- ISProuter

I want to ping from WirelessRouter to ISPRouter

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Philip,

This is how PT-Cloud works:

1- Connect PT-Cloud just like in the picture

2- PT-Cloud/Config/DSL, add the way (Route) to go througt the cloud

3- Τhe most important part is to put a "ISP router" on the opposite side of the moden, where PT-cloud separates them.

4- Finally, set the interfaces of the "ISP router" on the same network with the interfaces wich is directly connected or communicates througt PT-Cloud.

I hope that this will help.

Regards,

John

Thank You for this information.

Best Regards,

Didier

Hi ioanniatr,

I tried to do but didnt quite understand 3 and 4 number. Can you please help. I added the route but dont know what to do after that. 

Thanks.

diari
Level 1
Level 1
Hi everybody I have exactly the same problem, I read your comment but I can not really understand why I would like to have help please

skatetownguide
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a simplified explanation of how PT-Cloud operates:

1. Begin by connecting PT-Cloud following the instructions depicted in the accompanying image.

2. Within PT-Cloud's configuration settings (accessible through the DSL menu), add the appropriate route to establish a connection through the cloud.

3. One crucial aspect to bear in mind is the inclusion of an "ISP router" on the opposite side of the modem, effectively acting as a separation point between PT-Cloud and the modem.

4. Lastly, ensure that the interfaces of the "ISP router" are configured to be on the same network as the directly internet connected or PT-Cloud-communicating interfaces.

I trust that these instructions will prove helpful.

Best regards,