Views
Helpful
Replies

Encrypting traffic to 6 remote sites Cisco IOS

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Good day Experts,

I have 6 sites with one central site, I would like the following?

All sites to connect to one central site, 2. I need all the traffic to be encrypted as they pass through the tunnels.

Issue with VPNs is i will need to have interesting traffic to the sites to keep the tunnels up. I dont want this i want the tunnels to be always up.

Any new solution that the IOS can offer me, i would appreciate, the end points have Cisco Routers with the IOS image on them don't worry about IOS version please assist with a config sample or some reading on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If you want the tunnels to always be up, you will want to use tunnel interfaces - you can either use FlexVPN or DMVPN. Both operate in a Hub and Spoke topology, with the option for spoke-to-spoke if required. The difference to a traditional crypto map is you do not need to define an ACL to identify interesting traffic, you just need to route traffic over the Tunnel interface, using either a static route or a routing protocol.

Examples:-

Labminutes FlexVPN videos

FlexVPN Hub and Spoke example

Labminutes DMVPN videos

DMVPN example

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

If you want the tunnels to always be up, you will want to use tunnel interfaces - you can either use FlexVPN or DMVPN. Both operate in a Hub and Spoke topology, with the option for spoke-to-spoke if required. The difference to a traditional crypto map is you do not need to define an ACL to identify interesting traffic, you just need to route traffic over the Tunnel interface, using either a static route or a routing protocol.

Examples:-

Labminutes FlexVPN videos

FlexVPN Hub and Spoke example

Labminutes DMVPN videos

DMVPN example

HTH

Thanks Exactly what i was looking for and thanks for the lead to materials thumbs up!