cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 1722 Installing Anyconnect VPN (Windows 7)

dcoskun87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm trying to install Anyconnect VPN Client (anyconnect-win-2.5.2006-web-deploy-k9) to connect the university wifi, but i always get an error 1722

There
 is a problem with this Windows Installer package. Ein Programm, das als
 Teil des Setups ausgeführt wird, wurde nicht wie erwartet beendet. 
Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I had this error and i couldn't fix it and i reinstalled the Windows 7 (HP Compaq 610). Than i could install the AnyconnectVPN. Today it tried to update, than i get the same error. Now i can't use it and i can't install it.

There are a lot of people with this problem but there is no information in internet to fix this problem.

I really need help. I don't want to reinstall the windows. (It's also not a solution).

There is a  key (Standart) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/..../RUNONCE without a value.

What should i do now?

6 Replies 6

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you uploaded the AnyConnect package to the vpn gateway yet? I would recommend that you uploaded the latest version: AnyConnect version 2.5.2017.

Firstly you would need to upload the package to the vpn gateway, and you would need to use the following:

anyconnect-win-2.5.2017-k9.pkg

Once you have uploaded the package to the vpn gateway, you can download and install the AnyConnect onto your Windows 7 in 2 ways:

1) From Windows 7, assuming that the vpn gateway has been configured for AnyConnect, then you can browse to the vpn gateway ip address, and the AnyConnect software will be automatically downloaded and installed on the Windows 7 machine.

2) Alternatively, you can also pre-install the AnyConnect using the following file:

anyconnect-win-2.5.2017-pre-deploy-k9.msi

Hope that helps.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. This "anyconnect-win-2.5.2006-web-deploy-k9" package is the most actual, which i can download from the university servers.

I couldn't find the package that you told. Where can i download it, and how can i install?

Hi Deniz,

You can download the software from the following path:

www.cisco.com > Products > Security > Virtual Private Networks (VPN) > Cisco VPN Clients > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client > AnyConnect VPN Client Software > 2.5.2017.

On the right hand panel you will find all the anyconnect softwares.

Regards,

Anisha Damani

P.S.: do rate helpful posts

It didn't work. I downloaded the old package from the university servers. I can't download something from the Cisco Website. I think that it's not for free...

Is there any other way..

Have you tried to use browser to connect to the VPN gateway? Does it automatically download the AnyConnect software for you?

jgharibian
Level 1
Level 1

This problem can accrue if your Windows Firewall is disabled by a Virus or a rootkit.

Check your windows firewall and make sure that you can access and modify the firewall settings.

If you cannot access the firewall, then make sure that your machine is clean and has no virus.

You can fix your windows firewall by fixing the missing registry entries or you may have to reinstall your windows OS.