Views
Helpful
Replies

external access through site to site ipsec tunnel

hansspark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I configured  site to site ipsec VPN b/w Cisco ASA5510 Router (site1) and sonicwall router (site2) .  I can access both LAN subnets.

But what I need is , route traffic from site2 to a particular public ip to ipsec tunnel and then to internet through cisco router.

I updated ipsec policy in sonicwall, So that the traffic to that ip will be routed to ipsec and all other traffic will go through default gateway  (sonicwall).

I then monitored the packets on Cisco ASA5510 Router  with ASDM and found that the packets destined to that particular ip is reaching cisco router.

But still I can't access that ip from site2. I think there must be some rules to allow that ip . And also I am not sure whether it is  possible to

access internet through ipsec tunnel. ? I searched a lot and couldn't find any useful tips. And also I don't want to pass all internet traffic to ipsec.

Thanks

Hans

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this is some what similar only difference in the example below it is the vpn clients for which internet access needs to be provided, but in your cae internet access is for certain ip from a asite to site tunnel

you will be interested in hairpinning section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

to give a brief idea

nat (outside) 1

global (outside) 1 interface

same-security-traffic permit intra interface

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this is some what similar only difference in the example below it is the vpn clients for which internet access needs to be provided, but in your cae internet access is for certain ip from a asite to site tunnel

you will be interested in hairpinning section

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00805734ae.shtml

to give a brief idea

nat (outside) 1

global (outside) 1 interface

same-security-traffic permit intra interface

Thanks a lot jathaval...

Actually I already had same-security-traffic permit intra interface , But nat (outside) 1   did the magic.

Thanks Buddy..