cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FORMER CISCO CONTRACTOR - CAN'T REMOVE CISCO IT PROFILES, FOLDERS, ETC.

getit_dunn
Level 1
Level 1

About 5 years ago, I was a red-badge Cisco contractor using my personal Macbook Pro laptop. As per my manager's request, I installed Cisco VPN software, security and profiles on it. I worked for several years as such but haven not been employed in that role for at least 2 years now. 

THE PROBLEM:

I removed all of the Cisco profiles from my Macbook about a year ago. The other day, I noticed my laptop's time of day was inaccurate and getting worse. I opened System Preferences and tried to change it, but "set time automatically" was greyed out and I couldn't change it. It was being set by a Cisco address: ntp.esl.cisco.com  

I was amazed to see that the Cisco profiles had found their way back onto my laptop after deleting them. I uninstalled all of the profiles again and they showed up again later. I have also deleted a folder in my /macHD/Library folder called /CiscoIT. It, too, has also showed up again. I also get prompted to "enable FileVault" by my laptop when restarting occassionally. 

Can someone tell me how to permanently remove ALL of the pernicious Cisco IT crap from my machine? It's acting like it's malware.

Thanks,

SD

1 Reply 1

barun
Level 1
Level 1
Any luck? I too have this problem