Views
Helpful
Replies

GET VPN KS and GM on a single router

Jacob Zartmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm implementing GET VPN and want the KS to be GM as well... Is this possible?

Thanks

/JZN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, KS can not be configured as a GM.

Here is the document to support that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6525/ps9370/ps7180/GETVPN_DIG_version_1_0_External.pdf

Quote from page 6:

Note: A device acting as a KS cannot be configured as a GM

Hope that answers your question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, KS can not be configured as a GM.

Here is the document to support that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6525/ps9370/ps7180/GETVPN_DIG_version_1_0_External.pdf

Quote from page 6:

Note: A device acting as a KS cannot be configured as a GM

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you so much. I've been over and over the pdf without see this fact.

I wanted to combine the KS with a DMVPN hub for implementing GET VPN over the internet... Too bad I have to buy the double amount of routers for this scenario.

But thanks again for pointing out the fact.

/JZN

No worries, happy to help. Please kindly mark the post as answered so others can learn from your post.

Interesting.......  I am actually running a KS/GM combination with no problems.  I asked for a bug enhancement from Cisco: CSCsa78126.  I'm am challenging this scenario.  I have two CE routers at a location - one is a GM, and the other is a KS/GM - we are running a primary/secondary failover (HSRP) peering with two firewalls; we've run failovers between each of the two mentioned routers and not experienced any issues with authentications, keyings, etc.  I know this isn't best practice, but sometimes its tough to do the "exact"

Just my 2 cents,

Chris

Dear Clonac ,,

cau you tell me how you configure the KS and GM on the same router ? and what is the router Model and IOS Version ,,,

also kindly can you send me the configuration ?

Regards

Ossamy