Views
Helpful
Replies

Having an issue with vpn load balancing certificate on the vip

robert.reilly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am setting up vpn load balancing in a lab. I have two asa's running 8.6. I created a ucc cert from our internal CA  that has the vip as the CN in the cert and the two ASA's themselves as subject alternative names. I used open ssl to create the request. In each asa I am using encryption between the ASA's to encrypt the psk's. Since this is a lab and I do not have the DNS servers at my disposal I've added the hostnames and addresses of each ASA to the config in the ASA's. The problem I have is that when I connect to the vip I get a cert error saying the cert doesn't match the name on the site. See below:

"The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

I have a hostfile on my lab pc connected directly to the outside of the ASA that can resolve the name of the vip but when I browse to the vip I get the cert error. If I click proceed anyway the asa redirects me and the page opens without error on one of the two ASA's.

Does any one know what the CN of the cert should be for vpn load balancing. I thought the CN would be the vip but sometinhg is not right.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

robert.reilly
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved. Switched the order of the trustpoints on the outside and vpn load balance.