Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help in configure Cisco VPN configuration

Hi guys,

I need some help in configuration of Cisco IOS VPN. Basically, we have 2 cisco 1811 routers in our company.

1. Router 1 - Production router (IP 192.168.x.254)
  2. Router 2 - VPN router (IP 192.168.x.251).

All machines/servers inside our network has been configured with a default gateway of 192.168.x.254. Hence, all internet traffic will go through the production router.

Now,  we want to deploy a new router (i.e. Router 2) which will be solely used for VPN purpose (such as DMVPN, IPsec site to site, VPN client configuration etc).

I have configured Router 2 with Cisco VPN client and can connect to this using VPN client application from my home pc. However, once I connect to it, I am not able to ping anything inside this network other than Router 2 IP (192.168.x.251).

Is there anything else that I would need to put into the configuration so that I can ping everything inside the network?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Vignesh.

Kind Regards, Vignesh.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shamax_1983
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Vignesh,

I assume you created a new vpn pool for Remote Access clients on the Router 2 ?

If so, you will have to have a static route ( for the VPN pool range) on the Router 1 pointing the Router 2.

Let me know how you go..

Please rate this post if helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

shamax_1983
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Vignesh,

I assume you created a new vpn pool for Remote Access clients on the Router 2 ?

If so, you will have to have a static route ( for the VPN pool range) on the Router 1 pointing the Router 2.

Let me know how you go..

Please rate this post if helpful.

In addition to Shamal, I believe you will also need to add static route from Router 2 pointing to Router 1 as well.

Hi Shamal,

Yes! Your answer helped. I added a static router (VPN pool range) on Router 1 pointing towards Router 2.

Worked like a charm!

Cheers heaps.

Kind Regards, Vignesh.

Hi Vignesh,

Nice to hear its all working fine.

If my answer is the correct one, you can simply select my post as the correct answer..

Thanks