Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with VPN ASA5510 to ASA5505

songhoi01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I would like to request help from the community. Let me say that I'm not really a VPN guy.

I just joined this company and they already ad a VPN to one of their partners that provides them access to some resources. We have now added a 2nd location but the partner wouldnt allow a 2nd VPN tunnel so the decision was made to give the new location a ASA5505 to tunnel thru the main office to access the resources at the partners site.

Using ASDM i believe i was able to setup the tunnel to the main office but there is no resource there to use. Now i'm stuck and i do not know what to do to get to the partner site

I would really appreciate your help

See documents attached

Thank you in Advance

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A few changes:

On X:

You would need to add:

access-list W extended permit ip 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0 object-group W_dest

access-list outside_2_cryptomap extended permit ip object-group W_dest 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

On Y:

access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0 object-group W_dest

access-list outside_1_cryptomap extended permit ip 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0 object-group W_dest

On the partner VPN server, they would need to add the corresponding crypto ACL as follows:

access-list extended permit ip object-group W_dest 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0

Hope that helps.

Thank you Very much for your help. I think i may have forgotten to mention that the partner is asking to NAT all traffic behind X public IP.

Jennifer Halim

I really thank you for your help when i needed it. On top of your config provided, and with a friend's help we had to add the follwing to make it work:

Access-list outside_nat extended permit ip 172.16.8.0 255.255.255.0 object-group W_dest

Nat (outside) 1 access-list outside_nat

Now we are still testing access to all the tools but it seems to be working fine.

Thank you,

Great, excellent to hear it's all good now.

Pls kindly mark your post answered so others can learn from the solution. Thanks.