Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with VPN termination

WayneCaddy
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I am currently trying to figure out a way of getting a vpn terminated to a Cisco ASA 5510. I have a customer who's 3rd party supplier needs to terminate 2 vpn's to my single device but requires 2 individual peers addresses. I have a single Wan connection with a range of 8 Public addresses and have configured 1 IPSEC tunnel with there supplier but now require a second,

The first tunnel i supplied them with the ip address which is assigned to the WAN interface but now they want a second peer but I cannot seem to figure out how to get this vpn terminated to 1 of the subnet address.

Can anyone Help.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Andrew Phirsov
Level 7
Level 7

I don't really know why your customer needs two connections to two different IPs with the same ASA (probably they don't know that you've got only one vpn-gateway, and think of it as some kind of redundancy), but is the ASA directly connected to the ISP? Cause if it's connected to some internet-border router (wich in turn connects to the ISP), you can use NAT on that router to translate all incoming isakmp and nat-t sessions to some other address from your private pool (ip for second tunnel) to the ASA.