Helpful
Replies

Host Scan on ASA-Anyconnect

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

ASA 8.4

Anyconnect 3.0

My objective is to get the host scanned for Anti-virus. But failed to get it to work.
I am using a test lab without an external AAA server. All credentials are stored locally. Is a radius server needed for this to work?

I  have tried to disabled the laptop's Microsoft Security Essential, but  it still managed to pass the post check and logs me into the VPN

• Endpoint Assessment ver3.4.17.1 enabled
  • DAP- AAA  Attribute i have used the VPN connection profile & Endpoint attributes i have selected the Microsoft Security Essential.

Greatly appreciate if someone may provide me the pointer to correctly configure the DAP

My understanding of the DAP is limited

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Tommy Alexander
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hostscan does not require radius.

Based on your DAP configuration, it looks like the default DAP policy action is set to continue.

If you have a specifc DAP policy (new one you created) set to continue, then the default should be set to terminate such that when it does not match that record, it will match again default and it will be set to terminate.

You can verify which dap record its matching by running the following debug:

debug dap trace

debug dap error

This will show you what hostscan results are retrieved from the machine scan and what DAP record is matched.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1369#Configuring_Dynamic_Access_Policies