cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can install openssl certificate chain on cisco router ?

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi ,

I would like to ask about how to can i use open-ssl certificate on cisco router without generate CSR on router.

I will generate CSR,certificate key by openssl and singn by openssl or other CA.

how to install this certificate chain on cisco router ? This way is can use on firepower firewall and already tested for web server certificate.

I have experience create trustpoint on cisco router and generate csr and signed by CA and install back. It is no issue for me.

Now i just want to confirm if i generate CSR and key by openssl and sign by openssl or other CA. I will install back on router and i will use this certificate for IPsec . Is it possible ?

5 Replies 5

@MrBeginner generate the CSR using openssl, get the certificate signed. Bundle the certifcates and and key to a PKCS12 file with a password, then import the PKCS12 in to router.

Hi @Rob Ingram ,

Can i import my private to using crypto key import rsa .

And then i also will point this key name under my trustpoint using rsakeypair xxx command.

And will install certificate of this key pair. and i will use this trustpoint in ike profile using pki trustpoint xxx command . it is possible on IPsec VPN ?

@MrBeginner you create a RSA keypair and a trustpoint (which references the RSA keypair), then import the PKCS12 to the trustpoint. You can then refer to the trustpoint in the VPN configuration.

hi ,

if generate the CSR using openssl, get the certificate signed. Bundle the certifcates and and key to a PKCS12 file with a password, then import the PKCS12 in to router.

how to use this certificate in VPN configuration ? I cannot find the command to use those installed cert .

@MrBeginner so assuming you've imported the certificate to the router, you'd reference the trustpoint name.

In this FlexVPN example below, the trustpoint is referenced under the IKEv2 profile.

crypto ikev2 profile IKEV2_PROFILE
pki trustpoint LAB_PKI
authentication local rsa-sig
authentication remote rsa-sig