cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the Any Connect browser

BudgieY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am using Any Connect to access my office.
I found that the browser used to log in the server through Any Connect was Internet Explorer when I had a trouble and I had to delete the cache to stop the browser from automatically filling in my e-mail address.
As you know, Internet Explorer is infamous for having had serious vulnerabilities and no longer recommended even by Microsoft.
Moreover, the support of Internet Explorer ends on June 16, 2022.
Therefore I would like to make Any Connect use one of the other browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
How can I change the browser called by Any Connect?
Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK this is not related to AnyConnect.  I think this has something to do with your local client settings.  Try verifying/changing your default browser on your workstation.  Here is a link for Win10 clients: Change your default browser in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike is correct.  AnyConnect will launch the systems default browser on all operating systems.

BudgieY
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm, I see...
The default browser is set to Google Chrome, but nevertheless AnyConnect would not use it...

Should I change some detailed settings, such as browser depending on the protocols?

vgoverth01
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have the same issue, even the default browser is chrome ,it wouldn't be used

guille81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! did anyone manage to get anyconnect using the default browser instead of the embebed one?

jugoodwin
Level 1
Level 1

I would also like to see this implemented.  Our staff uses MFA to authenticate and we use browser saved passwords for literally everything else but when it comes to using AnyConnect, we have to type in our full password (15 character minimum) to login.  Allowing us to use our default browser would fix this.