cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to install AnyConnect 5 on WinServer 2012r2

rmasteller
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to establish a VPN connection from a Windows Server 2012R2 VM in our main corporate environment to the environment of one of our subsidiary/partner companies.  This works from my Win10 laptop just fine, but the install won't run on Server 2012.  The App Event Log has an MS Installer entry that says:

"Product: Cisco Secure Client - AnyConnect VPN -- Cisco Secure Client - AnyConnect VPN cannot be installed on the following Windows versions: Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, Windows 8 x64, Windows Server 2012 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows Server 2012 R2 x64."

Is there a way to get around this and get the Installer to actually run the install?  Or, is there a different executable I should be using for Server 2012.  (Yes, I know, old O/S, but that's what I have to work with for now.)  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

rmasteller
Level 1
Level 1

Can't delete a reply?

gajownik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Secure Client is not supported on Windows Server 2012 and there are no plans to add that support. The last release that was not blocking installation on it was AnyConnect 4.8 or 4.9 (already EoL).