cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to provide Anyconnect vpn access only for domain computers?

RDavidov
Level 1
Level 1

I`m trying to setup Anyconnect VPN on ISE 2.4 with Profiling Services Based on AD Probe to give access only AD Joined computers. is there a real Anyconnect+AD-Host-Exists setup guide and Is it possible to do this without 802.1X ?

2 Replies 2

Hi,
I don't think the ISE AD Probe will be able to gather that information when connecting over the VPN.

Depending on your VPN headend (ASA or FTD). If you are using ASA you could use DAP to check a registry value to determine whether the computer is joined to your domain. If using ASA or FTD you could use certificate authentication (as well as username/password of 2FA), the certificate would be issued by your internal CA - so therefore only your domain joined computers would have this certificate.

HTH

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I`m trying to setup Anyconnect VPN on ISE 2.4 with Profiling Services Based on AD Probe to give access only AD Joined computers. is there a real Anyconnect+AD-Host-Exists setup guide and Is it possible to do this without 802.1X ?
-You have several options to accomplish you goal imo. Are the computers permanently remote or do they come to site & then go remote? If they are on-site & remote then you could profile machines based on the AD-Host-Exists EQUALS true to then add those MACs to a L2 endpoint group that then gets referenced in your policies. Something I do in my environment is actually deploy ise posture that checks certain files, registry keys, and even for unique domain software/services. One reg key I check for on Windows hosts determines if it is an actual domain joined host. That key is: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\History\ value name MachineDomain string EQUALS <your domain>. Something else you could do to accomplish this is rely on client provisioning portal <other conditions> and just set one of the conditions to external ad group equals <your ad group>. Good luck & I strongly recommend looking at this: https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-posture-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3680273
HTH!