cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload AnyConnect to ASA 8.3 via ASDM

Alan Raczek
Level 1
Level 1

Tried searching around and a couple documents tell me where to go in ASDM but I don't see what they are referring to.

I clicked through to Configuration\Remote Access VPN\Network (CLient) access\Advanced\SSL VPN and the doc tells me to choose Client Settings

but that does not exist.

How do I get the client uploaded?

ASA Version: 8.3(1)4

ASDM Version: 6.3(4)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To transfer the files to your ASA using ASDM click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of the page and select File Management.

Then click onb File Transfer and select Between Local PC and Flash.

Now browse to the file (8.3) you want to transfer and select them and then click the right arrow to transfer them to the ASA...done.

Now browse to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Connection Profiles

Check the checkbox labeled Enable Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Access on the interfaces selected in the table below

You will now get an error saying that "AnyConnect Client access can not be enabled without a designated AnyConnect image. Would you like to designate an AnyConnect image?"   Click Yes

Now click Upload and browse to the AnyConnect image stored on your local PC, select the file and click Upload File and you are done.

Now your AnyConnect image is ready for use, you just need to configure AnyConnect to start using it.

--

Please rate all helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need to upload the anyconnect client to the flash of the ASA. You can use the file management in the top menu of the ASA. Transfer the file from your local disc to the flash.

Then select the image in Remote Access VPN - Network Client Access - Anyconnect Client Profile.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx

To transfer the files to your ASA using ASDM click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of the page and select File Management.

Then click onb File Transfer and select Between Local PC and Flash.

Now browse to the file (8.3) you want to transfer and select them and then click the right arrow to transfer them to the ASA...done.

Now browse to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > AnyConnect Connection Profiles

Check the checkbox labeled Enable Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Access on the interfaces selected in the table below

You will now get an error saying that "AnyConnect Client access can not be enabled without a designated AnyConnect image. Would you like to designate an AnyConnect image?"   Click Yes

Now click Upload and browse to the AnyConnect image stored on your local PC, select the file and click Upload File and you are done.

Now your AnyConnect image is ready for use, you just need to configure AnyConnect to start using it.

--

--

You can also upload the AnyConnect file in the same step as when you upload the ASA 8.3 image.  Then instead of selecting the Upload option when enabling AnyConnect select browse flash and select the image from there.

--

--

Okay, great. I'm good to go, thanks for the help gentlemen.