Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 : More recent /etc/modules.conf

offtheboxuser
Level 1
Level 1

Running a IDSM-2 (IDSM-2 6.1(1)E3).I've started noticing the following events:

/etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.30-IDS-smp-bigphys/modules.dep

As a consequence , i ve also noticed that every time IDSM-2 runs signature auto update it stops sensing and i have to force a restart.

Could this be related to differences between the released and applied signature updates dates? This is what the sensor status shows:

Signature version: <Latest Available>

Released on (Month Ahead)

Applied on (Current Date)

Time Setting

Standard Time Zone: Apart from setting the right GMT I had to add an UTC Offset -300 minutes to match with the right local time in the events logged by the module.

Any help?

thank you

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Use the following list to diagnose IDSM-2 problems:

•The ribbon cable between IDSM-2 and the motherboard is loose.

During physical handling of the module, the connector can come loose from the base card, and cause the daughter card and the base card to lose contact with each other. A loose ribbon cable connector causes an on-line diagnostic error on ports 7 and 8. The module cannot operate when this condition exists.

For more information, refer to Partner Field Notice 29877.

•Some IDSM-2s were shipped with faulty DIMMs.

For the procedure for checking IDSM-2 for faulty memory, refer to Partner Field Notice 29837.

•The hard-disk drive fails to read or write.

When the hard-disk drive has been in constant use for extended periods of time (for more than 2 weeks), multiple symptoms, such as the following, can occur:

-An inability to log in

-I/O errors to the console when doing read/write operations (the ls command)

-Commands do not execute properly (cannot find the path to the executable)