Views
Helpful
Replies

IE Proxy setting is not restored after AnyConnect disconnect on Windows 8 Pro

gearworld
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using version 3.1.00495 of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
When I disconnect from the VPN, the setting in IE is not restored.   

My OS is Windows 8 Pro
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Related entry can be found below.
As you can see the suggestion is not quiet good as I'm way more up to date than 3.0

IE Proxy setting is not restored after AnyConnect disconnect on Windows 7

Problem:

In Windows 7, if the IE proxy setting is configured for Automatically detect settings and AnyConnect pushes down a new proxy setting, the IE proxy setting is not restored back to Automatically detect settings after the user ends the AnyConnect session. This causes LAN issues for users who need their proxy setting configured for Automatically detect settings.

Solution

This behavior is logged in Cisco bug ID CSCtj51376 (registered customers only) . The suggested workaround is to upgrade to AnyConnect 3.0.

3 Replies 3

GearTheWorld
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering why after almost 5 months I never had a single reply to this problem.  Can't wait for someone to see, read, and help me find a workaround to solve that problem.

Thank you

I have the same problem, AnyConnect 3.1.04059 and all versions of Windows and Internet explorer. Example: Windows 7 and IE 9.0.8112.16421.

swscco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

was this issue eventually fixed then?

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: