cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing VPN Client 5.0.07.0240 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit error 1720

jlcook1
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a new laptop last week. It is Win 7 Pro SP1 64 Bit. Old laptop Win XP Pro. Used Laplink's PCMover to move apps rather than to have to re-install. One of the apps was VPN Client 4.8.02.0010 This app did not work properly on new pc after migration. Had customer send me VPN Client 5.0.07.0240 for 64 Bit. They did so. I installed. I believe it uninstalled the old (migrated) VPN Client but did not do the install of the new VPN Client. Every time I attempt to install, I get error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.A script required for this install to complete could not be run. I called Cisco support and they led me here. I am pretty desperate, been trying to get this done for 18 hours. The reason I called support was I thought I could purchase my own VPN Client, whichever one would be best for me to access several sites that use Cisco VPN's (I have sites that use openvpn, etc), perhaps AnyConnect that I have seen herein, and then Cisco could help me install the client. If that is a good path to take, please let me know, otherwise how do I get this vpn client installed, please. John

4 Replies 4

sarem.phy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello John, and everyone.

I am aslo face this issue. I tried to install software cisco VPN client "vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe" in my customer's labtop that installed window 7 64bit and it shows message  "cisco vpn client not support 64bits". but why in descript say that  "vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.exe"

"VPN Client Software for x86 64-bit version of Vista/Windows 7 - Microsoft Installer"and when I tried to install it why it shows message can not support with 64 bits? what wrong ? Do anyone have experiences with this issue?

Could anyone help me on this issue or do anyone have other version of Cisco vpn client that can support with window 7 64 bits?

I am happy to see your ideas and answers!!

Thanks

sarem

I noticed that there no other replies to your posts. Were either of you able to resove this issue?

I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

Please try this version "vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0290-k9.rar" can support with Win 7 64bit.

I already intalled and it worked fine.

Thanks

Sarem

Hello,

Run into same problem. Collegue engineer found a doc and changed something in msi file. After that we were able to install and use.

http://blog.edwards-research.com/2009/09/ciscovpn-client-32-bit-vista-error-1720/

regards,

Michael Heer