cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet connection disappears when anyconnect is on on windows 10

dvirginzburg
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following problem when connected to my work VPN through anyconnect.

I lose internet connection the moment I get connected.

I've read the following post, and it seems relatively similar to what I'm experiencing, unfortunately, I couldn't understand what does `Add the following for internet access` means - I.e, where should I add the following?

2 Replies 2

any connect to ASA, are you config any split tunnel ?

You mentioned on Windows 10, does this mean that it works as expected on other clients that are not running Windows 10?. From your description it looks like your VPN connection is full tunnelled. If that is the case, it might be most likely that there are some missing configuration on the remote headend to allow the incoming traffic from AnyConnect clients to be routed and NAT'ed to the internet. To fix this issue, you need to add a U-Turn NAT rule on the headend, you need to allow the traffic to get in-n-out from the same interface. If you are using FTD then no need to allow the in-n-out traffic from the same interface, as that requirement does not apply anymore to the FTD appliances. However, if you are using ASA you should go through the steps shown by @Rob Ingram in the post you shared. The network object you create will define your AnyConnect pool. For example, say your AnyConnect pool is 192.168.3.1-192.168.3.200, you would do something similar to this:

object network AnyConnect

range 192.168.3.1 192.168.3.200

nat (outside,outside) dynamic interface

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface