Views
Helpful
Replies

IP payload compression on l2l tunnel on ASA5520

gr11gr11gr11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows how to turn on payload compression on site to site VPNs on ASA. Is it ASA wide option by command - " compression svc all "

Or is their any option we can set for indivual tunnels - i mean if i want to turn on one tunnel and dont want to do on others. Or i just want to turn for all l2l tunnels and not for remote access tunnels.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can go t othe group-policy and enter the command ip-comp this will enable LZS ip compression

here is the link if you want to know more

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/vpngrp.html#wp1134870

please mark this question as answered if this answeres your question

Thanks jathaval. I will check this soon and if working will mark as resolved. Thanks for your help.

Hello can yo please provide some other link looks like i dont have access to the document...

i am not sure why it is not letting you access those pages in any case here is the relevant information

Step 2 Specify whether to enable IP compression, which is disabled by default.

hostname(config-group-policy)# ip-comp {enable | disable}
hostname(config-group-policy)# 

To enable LZS IP compression, enter the ip-comp command with the enable keyword in group-policy configuration mode. To disable IP compression, enter the ip-comp command with the disable keyword.

To remove the ip-comp attribute from the running configuration, enter the no form of this command. This enables inheritance of a value from another group policy.

hostname(config-group-policy)# no ip-comp
hostname(config-group-policy)# 

Enabling data compression might speed up data transmission rates for remote dial-in users connecting with modems.

Caution Data  compression increases the memory requirement and CPU usage for each  user session and consequently decreases the overall throughput of the  adaptive security appliance. For this reason, we recommend that you  enable data compression only for remote users connecting with a modem.  Design a group policy specific to modem users, and enable compression  only for them.

(I know this thread is a decade old)

Remove the "partner" part of the URL. This has bugged me for many decades. People need to pay attention to the links they post -- once logged in, people with "elevated" privs will not be given public access links for *anything*.