Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec access over PIX inside interface

zroth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need advice with the following problem.

I have PIX 515E with 3 interfaces inside,

DMZ and outside,vers 6.3(3).Is it possible to access DMZ over inside interface with IPSec from CISCO VPN client ? IPSec makes a tunnel,the client

has a new address from address pool,but

in the log I have a message : No translation found etc.. when I try to

reach any device in DMZ.The reason seems

to be with nat (dmz) 0 which should be from DMZ to inside (secu 50 to secu 0).Even if I use nat (dmz) 0 access-list remote outside it does not work.Any hints ?

Thanks

Zdenek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscokrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you check if you are able to access DMZ from inside?? If yes, then u shud be able to access DMZ from the remote connection. This is because, once the VPN client gets the IP address of the inside pool, it is as good as it is in your inside LAN. You can try putting inside to DMZ natting... i mean to say put that nat 0 command for inside to DMZ... this will allow the access of DMZ machines from inside.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ciscokrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you check if you are able to access DMZ from inside?? If yes, then u shud be able to access DMZ from the remote connection. This is because, once the VPN client gets the IP address of the inside pool, it is as good as it is in your inside LAN. You can try putting inside to DMZ natting... i mean to say put that nat 0 command for inside to DMZ... this will allow the access of DMZ machines from inside.

Hi,

I would like to thank you.My client received an IP address from local pool,let us to say 192.168.30.1

and wanted to connect to the server 172.20.2.2 in DMZ.I configured nat (dmz) 0 access-list test outside ,with access-list test perm ip host 172.20.2.2 host 192.168.30.1.No traffic.Then I configured nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat,where

access-list nonat was perm ip host 192.168.30.1 host 172.20.2.2 and sudennly is everything OK.

Thanks a lot.

Zdenek

ciscokrishna
Level 1
Level 1

Cool... thanks for the rating. happy networking.