cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipsec error (to get local certificate and keypair from cache)

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi,

i have on hub -  spoke ipsec tunnel.it is stable about 1 year.But suddenly one  is down.the other tunnel are no issue.There is no changed in configuration also.

when i debug the error,i got bellow message.

Error: to get local certificate and keypair from cache.

Error: Failed to get the certificate and key by certificate request.

i already check cert and ca is not expired yet.i upgrade the firmware but cannot solved.Last time before one year i got this issue and i recreate the cert and installed.After that issue is fixed.But i don't know the root cause.let me know how to trouble

shoot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Using NTP and having the time/date synched up on all the involved devices is essential, however, setting the time/date manually can also be a last resort option. Interesting that even after you synched up the time the tunnel did not come up. Because of this, I don't believe the issue was related to that skew in this case. To be able to dig deeper into this, I would need some debugs while you were trying to enable the tunnel to try to spot any potential root cause, but I think now it is too late as you regenerated the new certs and the tunnel is up.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need more information cert and config to look.

or here some steps to diagnosis.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/215118-ios-self-signed-certificate-expiration-o.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

How the time/date look like on the devices?

hi,

date time is same.

MrBeginner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @balaji.bandi @Aref Alsouqi ,

Sorry my fault. time is different. different 30 minute with router time. But i change manually the time to same like hub router, tunnel is still down. So i create new cert and installed.I point cert map to new cert. After that tunnel is up.

After the tunnel is up . I check the ntp server .The npt server is not working both of hub and spoke. I already fixed ntp service also.

So let me know my issue may related with ntp issue ?

if it is yes,let me know how to related ? if it is ntp issue ,can i fix manually change the time ?

Using NTP and having the time/date synched up on all the involved devices is essential, however, setting the time/date manually can also be a last resort option. Interesting that even after you synched up the time the tunnel did not come up. Because of this, I don't believe the issue was related to that skew in this case. To be able to dig deeper into this, I would need some debugs while you were trying to enable the tunnel to try to spot any potential root cause, but I think now it is too late as you regenerated the new certs and the tunnel is up.