Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec tunnel: Parallel or Behind Firewall

dave.lang
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

We are looking for a solution to join our network with our clients network and are looking for the best way to do so without making too many changes on their network. We have a Cisco RV120W in-house currently setup with multiple tunnels to other RV120s or VPN capable appliances. We were wondering the best course of action to do the above. Our client needs to be able to connect to be able to connect to this new subnet locally, as well as us, securely over the IPsec. In the past we bridged their Comcast device or replaced their Verizon device with a RV120W to setup the tunnel. We are looking for a solution to move away from this in case our client has an extensive network that will be impacted if we did the above. Is it possible to setup the RV120 parallel or behind their network equipment to do the same. If so, how can we do so. We've tried testing these 2 solutions, but as non-network savvy people we are. We were unable to do so.

1 Reply 1

you could run in parallel, in that case at the clients network they would have to put a route to your Network via the new RV120W,it depends on their Internet facing setup. If they have more sophisticated equipment then they might be able to  enable the VPN with their existing firewall/Internet router.

I believe you can only configure 10 site to site vpn tunnels on he RV120W, am I right? would that be an issue?

I take it there is not a clash of IP addresses between sites.

perhaps need a bit more information about the equipment at the new client site