Helpful
Replies

IPSec VPN not owrking, Cisco Packet tracer

motiar
Level 1
Level 1

IPsec_VPN.png

Hello Cisco Expert,

As you can see the topology, I was trying to configure the IPSec VPN, but failed. Ping is successful between RA and RB, but fails between PC0 to PC1 (between the Netwok 10.1.1.0/24 and 172.16.2.0/24). Can anyone help me, why the VPN not working? Will be thankful. Attached you are getting the running config of both routers. 

Regards 

Motiar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
Neither router has a default route for all traffic (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0) therefore the router doesn't know to send the packet to the outside interface and therefore will not attempt to establish a VPN tunnel.
Add a default route or a specifc router to the remote peer network (as defined in ACL 100).

If that still fails, run "debug crypto isakmp 128" and provide the output

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,
Neither router has a default route for all traffic (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0) therefore the router doesn't know to send the packet to the outside interface and therefore will not attempt to establish a VPN tunnel.
Add a default route or a specifc router to the remote peer network (as defined in ACL 100).

If that still fails, run "debug crypto isakmp 128" and provide the output

HTH

Hi,

Thank you fo your feedback. I have changed the default route to 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.1.2 (for RA) and 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.2 (for RB), but still fails to establish the tunnel. Attached you are getting the output of debugging and new running-config of both routers.

Regards

Motiar

There doesn't appear to be any debug output.
I assume the routers can ping each other?
Are you testing by pinging from one PC to the other?....the tunnel won't establish until traffic is sent
I assume the PC has a default gateway configured?

It works, thank you!

Man, don't just say "it works, thank you" without giving the solution. I'm here having the same problem and can't find a solution.