cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN (Many BRIs connecting to PRI)

rmetro
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is a complex or simple question. Currently looking to setup approximately 20 remote sites. Each will connect to a Frame Relay cloud as the primary connection back to 2 data centers. The 2 data center will have PVCs from the Frame provider. As a backup connectivity solution, ISDN dial will be used at all the remote sites. The remote sites will use 2 - B channels to connect back to the data centers.

My question is can multiple BRIs from multiple remote sites connect to a single device via a PRI line? Would I have to use a AS Gateway? I am thinking that I can do this with Multlink PPP. Finding it difficult to find info on this setup.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is very possible to have multiple remote routers using BRIs connect to a central router with PRI. To support multiple channels per destination you would want to configure multilink.

As a sidenote: if you have approximately 20 remote sites each using 2 channels then you will have approximately 40 incoming channels on the central router. This exceeds the capacity of a single PRI.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick