cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with certifcate on 1111-8P

Richard Tapp
Level 1
Level 1

We use a Cisco router in our DC as a CA server, this weekend the old cert expired and the new one took over at approx 98% of our sites.

The ones that did not are all 1111-8P's on IOS XE. I have checked and other 1111's on the same code and they did auto renew and I have checked and I can install the cert on these ones OK.

We have been working with Cisco and we can see a small amount of two way traffic between the spoke and CA, but we can see the cert is not being transferred.

But for one site I need to get them up asap as they relie on DMVPN. The other sites do not luckily.

So apart from the above I have been trying to manually install the cert with cut and paste. Below is how it should look on a working router.

But I only seem to be able to cut and paste the CA or the Generall purpose becuase they have the same name.

Does anyone know how to do both at the same time ? The bottom is a redatcted copy of the cert export on a working router, I can only seem to cut and paste one or the other

Certificate

Certificate Serial Number (hex): 050A

Certificate Usage: General Purpose

Issuer:

cn=xxxxxxxx

Subject:

Name: yyyyyyyyyyy.bbbbb.com

Serial Number: FCZ2323C09C

serialNumber=FCZ2323C09C+hostname=yyyyyyyyyy.bbbbb.com

Validity Date:

start date: 20:17:20 UTC Jun 19 2022

end   date: 16:17:53 UTC Aug 6 2024

renew date: 21:53:46 UTC Mar 3 2024

Associated Trustpoints: xxxxxxxx

Storage: nvram:xxxxxxx#50A.cer

CA Certificate

Certificate Serial Number (hex): 049B

Certificate Usage: Signature

Issuer:

cn=xxxxx

Subject:

cn=xxxxx

Validity Date:

start date: 20:17:20 UTC Jun 19 2022

end   date: 20:17:20 UTC Jan 9 2026

Associated Trustpoints: xxxxxx

Storage: nvram:xxxxx#49BCA.cer

% CA certificate:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

% General Purpose Certificate:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

2 Replies 2

@Richard Tapp to import the CA certificate you use "crypto pki authenticate <Trustpointname>" and to generate the CSR you use "crypto pki enroll <trustpointname>" once the certificate is signed by the CA, you use "crypto import certificate"

Example:

https://integratingit.wordpress.com/2017/08/26/cisco-ios-certificate-enrollment-via-scep/

Rob

Thanks, I will try that in a minute if needed. Cisco have just suggested something