cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with group drop down on Anyconnect webpage

bounser01
Level 1
Level 1

It seems like this started after we patched the recent vulnerability. Basically if you go to the anyconnect webpage to log in and there are multiple groups in the dropdown no matter which one you select it always changes back to the first one in the list. This is happening on multiple versions of ASA the two I have verified are 9.4(2)6 and 9.1(7). I have tried several different browsers, trusted the URL (both have certs installed), cleared cache. As a temporary fix i have configured group urls so our helpdesk can just direct them straight to their group but there are occasions where people jump between groups so I would like to know if this is a solvable issue.

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to decide which is more serious to you, the security vulnerability or the web page issue, and then choose the appropriate software version.

Keep an eye out for new versions of software coming out.

So is this a confirmed bug? I just need something that admits a problem and I can move on from there. If its a bug with the patched version I can work with just setting direct group-urls but I just want to verify it's not something silly I'm missing or may have to change after the update.

If you roll back to the original software version the issue goes away?  If so, then it is likely to be a bug.

Can you open a TAC case? If it's service-impacting for multiple users you should call support as this forum is mostly monitored by volunteers.

There have been issues with 9.1(7) for sure and Cisco is no longer recommending that version to fix the IKE vulnerability.

There are several threads elsewhere on this site discussing that particular issue.

bounser01
Level 1
Level 1

I work for an MSP and these are some large customers, I cannot just roll back updates. I'd appreciate some help from someone that has actually experienced the issue.