Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2TP VPN

We just bought a RV340 Router and tried to setup a L2TP VPN connection so we can connect from home to our local web server located in the office. I successfully connected to the L2TP Server from home but I can't access the webservers local IP through lan (map network storage) only if I use the "Use default gateway on remote network" option in Windows 10 IPv4 advanced settings. The thing is that I don't want all the traffic to go through the VPN connection. This problem likely happens because the RV340 doesn't let me to use the same subnet for the L2TP server as the Router's vlan. We had another router before where I could set the VPN subnet same as the Router's VLAN and everything worked just fine.

The router's vlan is 192.168.10.1 and the L2TP server subnet is 192.168.3.1.

Any help would be much appreciated!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If they are different subnet you need to make ACP ( Acess Control Policy )to allow the traffic from VPN subnet to Lan.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Can you give me more info about how to do this correctly? I tried almost all the combinations possible, even using "ANY" in all fields but i still can't access the lan subnet (192.168.10.1) from the vpn subnet (192.168.3.1). Thanks!

I did manage to get the VPN working without redirect all the traffic through the VPN connection by adding this command in Windows 10 CMD:

route -p ADD 192.168.10.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1 

But this will only work when the VPN server gives the 192.168.3.1 IP, right? Is there any workaround? 

You need do some kind of powershell script to look for the IP, Run as schduler to remove OLD route and add new Route. (if that works for you).

BB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not you do the same in RV static route and ACL (since u mentioned ACP already covered)

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: