Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing for ASA 5505, site to site vpn

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

hi, gang,

I haven't worked on ASA for a few years, thus a bit rusty on the licensing. my customer has 5 locations, a few computers at each location. 4 site-to-site vpn tunnels will be set up, so that 1 accounting server @ main location can be accessed from others. straightforward configuration. I wonder if I need to purchase extra licenses? this is the part number of the device I'm aiming at:

ASA5505-BUN-K9
Cisco ASA 5505 Adaptive Security Applicance With 8 Port Fast Ethernet Switch and 10 User Licenses

thanks!

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your licensing for the VPN is perfectly fine as the Base-License supports 10 VPN-peers. The 10 User License is what could restrict you more.

And if the 5505 is not bought yet, go directly to the ASA 5506-X as the 5505 is a legacy device and will probably go EOS shortly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Your licensing for the VPN is perfectly fine as the Base-License supports 10 VPN-peers. The 10 User License is what could restrict you more.

And if the 5505 is not bought yet, go directly to the ASA 5506-X as the 5505 is a legacy device and will probably go EOS shortly.

thank you Karsten!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: