Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing for ASA 5505, site to site vpn

xiaoliangyue
Level 1
Level 1

hi, gang,

I haven't worked on ASA for a few years, thus a bit rusty on the licensing. my customer has 5 locations, a few computers at each location. 4 site-to-site vpn tunnels will be set up, so that 1 accounting server @ main location can be accessed from others. straightforward configuration. I wonder if I need to purchase extra licenses? this is the part number of the device I'm aiming at:

ASA5505-BUN-K9
Cisco ASA 5505 Adaptive Security Applicance With 8 Port Fast Ethernet Switch and 10 User Licenses

thanks!

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your licensing for the VPN is perfectly fine as the Base-License supports 10 VPN-peers. The 10 User License is what could restrict you more.

And if the 5505 is not bought yet, go directly to the ASA 5506-X as the 5505 is a legacy device and will probably go EOS shortly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Your licensing for the VPN is perfectly fine as the Base-License supports 10 VPN-peers. The 10 User License is what could restrict you more.

And if the 5505 is not bought yet, go directly to the ASA 5506-X as the 5505 is a legacy device and will probably go EOS shortly.

thank you Karsten!