Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing internet access (but not LAN) when laptop screen shuts off

ZippyCQ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just got a new laptop from work, and I'm having some strange issues connecting to work through Anyconnect.

My setup is:

- Windows 10

- Laptop connected via ethernet.

- Laptop off to the side with lid open.

- Log on to laptop, connect to work via Anyconnect

- RDP from my main home PC into laptop

At this point, everyone works perfectly (as it has for years with my old laptop), until...

- Laptop screen shuts off (screen sleep timer set to 10 minutes, system sleep timer set to never)

At this point, LAN still works (I'm still successfully connected via RDP), but I lose all internet/work connections. Nothing loads anymore.

If I tap my touchpad to wake the screen, internet access comes back.

I've tried playing around with power settings on network adapter, but those settings seem to not exist in my devmgr.

I've search a ton, but have run out of leads. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per i see the information, this is more to do with Sleep config, once the device sleep what settings to be on check options,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response.

Unless I'm missing what you're saying, I don't think this is sleep related.

Like I said, the RDP connection is still live. I have full control over the laptop over RDP, but I have no internet connectivity until I wake the screen.

If anything, I checked the Cisco Anyconnect device in my device manager network adapters to see if it had any power configuration associated with it, but I didn't see a power management tab on it.