cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X VPN Client 4.6.02 - Tiger Compatable?

xantic
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the current Mac OS X VPN client is compatable with Apple's latest version of OS X, "Tiger" due out at the end of the month.

7 Replies 7

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco VPN 5000 Client software is available for the Macintosh operating system, Version 10.0, or Mac OS X.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/vpn5000/client/winmac/macosx51/intro.htm

However, I think this is the software for the Cisco VPN concentrator. I have been using the Cisco VPN client 4.6 for connection to Cisco PIX. This software also works with Mac OS X.

My actual question was if this software will work with Apple's latest version of Mac OS X, version 10.4 "Tiger" which will be released at the end of April.

I posted a same question under VPN general and no answer from Cisco so far?

BD

Ok, I've heard on another forum that the current Cisco VPN client [ v 4.6.02(0023) ] for Mac OS X does _not_ work with Apple's latest version of Mac OS X "Tiger".

So Cisco, it's over to you... when's an update coming out? Tiger's only been available to developer's for about a year now :-)

I have installed the v 4.6.02 client on MAC OSX 10.4 (Build 8A428) and it does NOT work. So yes Cisco it's over to you........

It does NOT work with Tiger. Sure, I can connect into my VPN, but once there, can't connect to ANY of my servers. VERYYYYY frustrating. C'mon Cisco, give us a better client, puh-lease!!!!

jo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

The new VPN client released yesterday (10/6-2005) works with both MAC OS X 10.4 single and dual processor.

Thanks Cisco !!!