cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X VPN Client not configuring DNS servers

network
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the latest Mac OS X VPN client v4.6.0045 with 10.3.7 OS. I VPN into a Cisco 3005 concentrator runnning 4.1.7 IOS. When connecting with a Windows client my system DNS entries are updated to use the new DNS servers in the VPN environment. Using the MAC client my DNS server entries are not updated - is this a bug or do I need to do something?

Thank you,

Frank Pikelner

frank.pikelner@blue-dot.ca

2 Replies 2

ehirsel
Level 6
Level 6

I did not find any bugs mentioned on CCO with MAC OS X and the vpn 4.6 client. You may want to check the system preferences and insure that the dns server settings is set to be auto determined.

You may want to examine the 3005 device log to see if it records any info of value.

If you have the mac os firewall active, look at its logs too to see if there are any interesting messages.

Let me know what you find.

I found the problem and was able to resolve. The problem appears to be a bug in the Cisco 4.6 client. The client upon connection does not update the /ETC/RESOLV.CONF file with the DNS server entries. I have downgraded to the Cisco 4.05 client and the problem is resolved (/ETC/RESOLV.CONF is updated correctly).