cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

manual ASDM installation

KeithN123
Beginner
Beginner

I need to upgrade a pair of ASA5520's to 8.0.4 (ASDM 6.1), whilst the rest of the firewalls on the network are 7.2.(4) -(ASDM 5.2.2) is it possible to install both ASDM shortcuts on the same management PC ? we have no plans to upgrade from 7.2.4 on most of the ASA's

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Advocate
Advocate

NO - you can only have 1 version of the ASDM on the PC, what you can do is keep one version of ASDM on the PC - then connect to the other ASA's via the web browser and run the ASDM as a Java session.

HTH>

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Advocate
Advocate

NO - you can only have 1 version of the ASDM on the PC, what you can do is keep one version of ASDM on the PC - then connect to the other ASA's via the web browser and run the ASDM as a Java session.

HTH>

Andrew, many thanks for that information. I had been thinking along those lines myself but I wasn't confident.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

regards

np - glad to help, I have lost count the number of times I get the "new version detected, do you want to upgrade" messages!

Then cannot connect to the older version of specific devices!!!

I generally do not use the ASDM program anymore - just the JAVA based.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: