cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Merging multiple AnyConnect Client Configurations

kip
Level 1
Level 1

I am a systems integrator for process control and factory automation equipment, and I support multiple customers from my office PC (Windows-10) by connecting over VPN to their factory networks. My problem is that I have a customer (customer-X) that uses AnyConnect Ver 4.3.02039. This customer sent me a self-extracting zip that installed everything and configured the VPN client for their network. I installed this and everything works great. However now, I have another customer (customer-Y) that just sent me a second install file, only this customer is using AnyConnect Rev 3.1.13015… and this install is wanting to overwrite my existing custom-X client. I am not a Cisco AnyConnect VPN wizard, nor do I want to be; however, I would like to setup a VPN client that can access both customers from the same workstation. I have installed the customer-Y client on a second PC and I’ve tried to find the security certificate and configuration files and move them into the client-X Ver 4.3 PC, but not having any luck. How can I do this??       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should ideally be able to use the higher version (4.3) for both customer connections. The custom install should have a client profile (.xml file) installed in the location : C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile . Copy this from the second PC to the same location on the first PC. The Anyconnect GUI will show you both customer connections in a dropdown after a restart of the client.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should ideally be able to use the higher version (4.3) for both customer connections. The custom install should have a client profile (.xml file) installed in the location : C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile . Copy this from the second PC to the same location on the first PC. The Anyconnect GUI will show you both customer connections in a dropdown after a restart of the client.

kip
Level 1
Level 1

Rahul,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I had tried that, but I apparently gave up too fast. I believe all I was missing was a restart after copying the files over. Thanks again! kip