Views
Helpful
Replies

message character limit is in Anyconnect VPN client

haroonrohi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

trying to understand what could be the error character limit for AnyConnect VPN client showing in the AnyConnect i have users compiling about the truncated VPN message.

The VPN Connection attempt was aborted due to the system suspending. A new connection is necessary, which requires****** miss the rest of the statement.
can anyone help me here to understand the maximum character limit and how we can switch these error in to pop message and show full statement.

2 Replies 2

rhingel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The full message should be "The VPN connection attempt was aborted due to the system suspending. A new connection is necessary, which requires re-authentication."

You can also open AnyConnect, then click the in the bottom left. It will pop up with another window with statistics. Change the tab to "Message History", which should provide insight into what is happening during the authentication process.

If you need help with troubleshooting, make sure to collect a DART bundle (see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5459-gather-information-for-basic-troubleshooting-on-cisco-anycon.html) and open a TAC case.

Hello rhingel

thank you for the details i am looking to find the maximum character been used in the AnyConnect client error messages and how we can show those kind of error on the users screen with pop-up messages.