Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving SSL from ASA 8.x to Firepower Management Center for Anyconnect

Hello!

I'm having issues moving the VPN SSL certificate from ASA 8.x to a Firepower Management Center controlled firewall.  I can export the certificate in PKCS12 format and import that into FMC without any issues, but it only verifies the identity certificate and not the CA. It's a wildcard cert, so I don't think I can submit the CSR again without having to rekey everything, and I don't have easy access to the original files. All the instructions I've found include a CSR in the process and I'm stuck. How can I get the CA cert on the FMC? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nevermind. I'm not sure if your method would have worked. I couldn't figure out how to do that. Instead, I finally figured out how to use openssl to combine the certificates into a single cert. Thanks again for the reply.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you browse to the current ASA VPN portal, you can view and save as a file to certificates in the current chain (root C And issuing CA). Then simply add those in FMC as objects.

Hey Marvin!

Thanks for the reply. That sounds extremely simple, so please excuse my lack of understanding with the CA process. I see how to export the certificates from the browser, but it has different formats, and there are multiple sections in the FMC for certificates. Can you be a bit more specific on what cert format goes where? I seem to be able to go add a Manual object in the Cert Enrollment section for the root and intermediate certs, and I can add them to the devices, but they then only verify the CA and not the identity. It has me generate a CSR, but it won't accept the PKCS12 file I have as a response. Do I need to import them into the "Trusted CAs"? Sorry, I'm a bit confused on this part.

Nevermind. I'm not sure if your method would have worked. I couldn't figure out how to do that. Instead, I finally figured out how to use openssl to combine the certificates into a single cert. Thanks again for the reply.

For the root and issuing CA you can add them under Objects > Object Management >PKI > Trusted CAs.

If you want to bind it all together in a chain you have to have the private key used to request the initial certificate. In a text editor chain the CA > issuing CA > certificate. Then use something like XCA or openssl to combine those into a pfx file and import it into FMC.