cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple AnyConnect Clients using Website

jf1134
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious if this is possible. When we setup AnyConnect on a client computer, we go to a URL and it detects the OS and then gives the option to download. I was wondering if we could have two different version but not push the new version out when users login? I just want to be able to see both version and pick the one we want to install so not everyone get's the newest one. This is more for testing before rolling it out to everyone. 

Thanks

6 Replies 6

I dont see anything prevent that 

Download two image or more in your FW' and then from pc select one you want to test.

This is not correct. It is possible to have only one AnyConnect version per client OS on the firewall. Also, if currently installed client is older, it will be upgraded automatically to the newer version by the firewall, unless Deferred Upgrades feature is implemented or AnyConnect Downloader is turned off. Deferred Upgrades:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa96/configuration/vpn/asa-96-vpn-config/vpn-anyconnect.html#ID-2438-000001d1

(ASA version is old in this doc, but you can find same info for version you're running on Cisco website).

jf1134
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see what happens

Go ahead' give try and check.

Good luck.

Have a nice summer 

MHM

skatetownguide
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it's possible to have multiple versions of AnyConnect available for download on your website. To avoid automatically pushing the new version to all users, don't update the default download link. Instead, create a separate download link for the new version and make it available for testing. This way, users can choose which version to install, and you can assess the new version before a widespread rollout.

jf1134
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah I can't get this to work. I've created a new connection profile and when I go to the URL it has a dropdown to select between the two I have but I still only download the older version of AnyConnect. I also uploaded the new version on the AnyConnect client but I don't see a way to assign that software package to this new profile. I assume that would be the only way to do it.