cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple ISDN remote offices

sergeb_kaam
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2610XM ISDN router receiving multiple ISDN remote sites.I ´m configuring Dialer profiles, however, it is does not work. I can ping in the router not through the network

Can somebody give me advice about multiple remote site on ISDN??

It would be very nice and useful.

Thanks in advanced.

Serge

7 Replies 7

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

It looks OK to me. Are you saying that you cannot ping 212.166.23.9 from the router (192.168.201.1) once the call is open?

If so, is it possible that the remote router has an access list preventing you from doing so? Or is it possible that the admin of the remote route has configured it not to insert IPCP host routes?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Thanks Kevin,

I can ping fron router

router#ping 10.10.1.108

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.10.1.108, timeout is 2 seconds:

!!!!!

Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 56/58/60 ms

When i try to ping using the network i have

C:\Documents and Settings\serge>ping 10.10.1.108

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur 10.10.1.108 avec 32 octets de données :

Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.

Thanks

Serge

Serge,

I think this is a question of where you are pinging from, and has nothing to do with having multiple ISDN dialers. If you ping from the router, you are pinging from the address the IPCP gave it: 192.168.102.1, and the remote router knows where to send its response. But I suspect the remote router does not have a route back to your PC.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Hi Kevin,

You are right.When I change the config I can ping but always dialer1.I would like to know what wrong with my configuration?Why I can't ping dialer2 ?

Thanks

Serge

Serge,

It may be something to do with putting the Bri1/0 in both dialer pools. I have always put the physical interface in one dialer pool only, and had both dialers use the same pool. I would only try two separate pools if you want to limit the number of channels available to each dialer.

However, I am not sure about this, and I think it should work with the Bri1/0 in both pools. Try one pool only, and let me know the results. Meanwhile, I shall carry on examining your config.

It would be useful if you could do a debug dialer event and debug isdn event and try again. If you see the call being placed, add debug ppp negotiation and try again.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

just asking here, but don't you need a

'dialer-list 2 protocol ip permit 102' statement? There is a 'dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit' statement.

I don't think so. He has dialer-group 1 on both of the dialer interfaces. The dialer-group command refers to the dialer-list - 1 in both cases. The dialer-list is configured to re-trigger the connection on any IP, without referring to an access list. It looks OK to me from this point of view.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_r/drfd.htm#wp1018277

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg