Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Profiles for AnyConnect 4.4

mturkprime
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Running Cisco Anyconnect 4.4.02039 on a Windows 10 machine. I've got two separate university VPN's that I need to use AnyConnect to log into. 

How can I get Anyconnect to save two profiles (host sites, names, etc). 

It seems like a common solution is to create a file called profile.xml, save it in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile, then to add host name & address. I tried this but to no avail. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Delete the client xml profiles from that location. Also, delete the following file from your machine:

C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml 

Restart the Anyconnect client after these 2 steps.

Looks like you enabled some other setting on the profile, causing it to automatically choose server instead of allowing you to manually type one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Create profile1.xml and profile2.xml, each with the server name/ip address details of the headend. Save it into the location you posted and quit and restart the client. You should see 2 options in the "Connect To" field for Anyconnect. 

Hi Rahul,

Thanks so much for trying! I completed this step but with no success. In fact, now, when I launch AnyConnect the drop-down (which used to be editable, meaning I could hand-input the two different host URL's) is now greyed out (I can't write or select the drop-down) & says "Automatic Selection." 

Any clue how to undo this at the least, fix it at best? 

Thanks!

Delete the client xml profiles from that location. Also, delete the following file from your machine:

C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml 

Restart the Anyconnect client after these 2 steps.

Looks like you enabled some other setting on the profile, causing it to automatically choose server instead of allowing you to manually type one.

Rahul! You are the hero! Thank you so much. What a frustration this was. 

I'm really grateful you took the time. Hope others can benefit too.