cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Site to Site VPN

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have one central router and 52 client routers and i want those clients to connect to the central router with VPN. Any hints or how to's on configuring the clients and the server? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Is communication needed between spokes or is it only hub-spoke.

spoke to spoke = DMVPN

hub to spoke = DMVPN or L2L or EZvpn

I would not go with L2L since you have 52 spoke and it's hell to manage.

The way I see this, it's between DMVPN and EZvpn. I prefer the DMVPN since it's realy easy to scale.

i want to use a cisco 2851 router as a VPN server and cisco 1800 series router as a client. We have over 100 sites which will use Cisco 1800/1700 series routers for VPN connections. Sometimes VPN sites will need to communicate to other VPn sites but i would like to set it up in such a way that they make a dynamic tunnel when they need to communicate and break the tunnel when the connection is closed instead of going to the 2851 router as the server. Basically it will be a Hub and spoke config but sometimes it will be spoke to spoke depending on the request.

Please advise the best way to do it.

Thanks,

Osman Malik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: