cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM Licensing

mcavinat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello folks. Sanity check as I've received MIXED feedback from Sales people.

Customer has a bunch of Cisco Switches and ISE (fully licensed).

They would like to use Anyconnect as NAM. Many people said that having Switches+ISE they would not have to pay for the AC PLUS license.

I do believe they do. If they have, let's say, 1k machines/users that will need to authenticate, they need 1k AC PLUS licenses.

Is my understanding correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Authorized use of the AnyConnect 4.x software for any purpose requires either a Plus or Apex license. For NAM, you would need to purchase the Plus license for the number of unique users. This is documented in the AnyConnect FAQ:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc22

Q. I am only using Network Access Manager. What licenses are required?
A. Network Access Manager capabilities require a Plus or Apex license per authorized (unique) user.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Authorized use of the AnyConnect 4.x software for any purpose requires either a Plus or Apex license. For NAM, you would need to purchase the Plus license for the number of unique users. This is documented in the AnyConnect FAQ:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc22

Q. I am only using Network Access Manager. What licenses are required?
A. Network Access Manager capabilities require a Plus or Apex license per authorized (unique) user.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: