Views
Helpful
Replies

Need assistance using DART for Anyconnect

Craddockc
Level 3
Level 3

Community,

I am trying to use DART with Anyconnect to troubleshoot VPN issues. I have followed the online instructions to the letter. I installed DART using the windows MSI and rebooted. The Diagnostics button was then available in the statistics tab of my Anyconnect GUI. I installed the Bundle as instructed but now have no idea how to run or view the DART tool. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should have an application installed in Windows as Anyconnect Diagnostics and Reporting Tool. Open it and follow through steps of creating a bundle. Once you create the bundle, there should be a zip file on the desktop. You can then unzip it to look at the Anyconnect logs. Look here for more information:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12747756/how-collect-dart-bundle-anyconnect

Rahul,

I have created the bundle and it is placed on my desktop as a zip file but I am not seeing anywhere in the zip file where the updated logs are. What file/folder should I be looking at? Thanks.

In the zip file, there is general information folder which has system.log. Start from this file 

Your question makes more sense now. Every Anyconnect module has its own folder. Following instruction is for the VPN Module:

For Windows:

Anyconnect.txt file under Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client folder.

For MAC:

system.log under General Information folder

Rahul,

Does the anyconnect.txt file update dynamically with each connection? Im seeing the anyconnect.txt file in the Anyconnect folder but its not updating with the latest logs. Is there a certain order I need to go in to view the most recent logs?

Most recent logs should be at the end of the file. Ideally, collect the DART immediately after a failed connection and go backwards in the Anyconnect.txt file. Once the DART bundle is generated, newer logs are no longer added to that file. Good thing about DART is that it can collect historic data also, so the logs could go back a few days.

Rahul,

Thanks so much for the help. I finally got it! It appears you have to extract the bundle each time you want to view updated logs correct? The good thing for me is that I only need one instance. Thanks again!

Yes, you are correct. Glad to hear that you were able to get the information needed.