Views
Helpful
Replies

need help configuring vpn on rv260w to access from windows 11

MyRickyem
Level 1
Level 1

Following this post 

I got a IKEv2 vpn working on my rv260w for my iphone and ipad, however this same vpn does not seem to work with the windows 11 built in vpn client. There is no place in the windows app to provide a remote id or pre-shared key. Windows seems to want a user and password to enter the vpn. Likewise a pptp vpn I setup on the rv260w doesn't work.

Please advise on how to setup a vpn on my rv260 to access from a windows 11 computer. Thanks in advance
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem was in the security tab of the win 11 vpn it has to be changed from the defaults as follows:

• in security tab of the vpn connections
  • unclick "use UAP"
  • click 'allow these protocols" and select "unencrypted password (PAP)"

That did it for me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdiLDnIODLU&t=71s

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you. I have watched her videos. They are helpful but do not help me troubleshoot my connection. 

For pptp, I am providing my admin user and password for the router  I have chosen the admin group in the rv240w pptp server setup and my admin group does have access to the pptp vpn. On my windows machine I get the verifying user and password message when trying to connect to the vpn but then I get the following error message and I get this message even if I leave the user and password fields blank: "The connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed."

A picture of the log file is attached from the router as I try and connect to the pptp vpn from windows 11 computer

A reminder from my first message that the IKEv2 vpn I setup for my iOS devices works great.

The problem was in the security tab of the win 11 vpn it has to be changed from the defaults as follows:

• in security tab of the vpn connections
  • unclick "use UAP"
  • click 'allow these protocols" and select "unencrypted password (PAP)"

That did it for me.